If you own a home then maintaining it is an important piece of keeping your homes value soaring. Let me tell you, as a realtor most of my buyers want homes that have been well maintained. You also don’t want to end up with costly repairs when they could have been headed off with a couple of hours of home maintenance each Fall and Spring.
As fall is upon us it is important to start checking off that fall home maintenance checklist. Here are some of those things you are going to want to check.
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Clean out your gutters before the snow starts falling.
- Check your roof for missing shingles or any visible damage.
- Trim back branches that are close to your house or hanging over your roof.
- Trim back dead branches from trees and shrubs around your home.
- Keep leaves raked to stop the spread of disease to your lawn.
- Fertilize your lawn
- Fill any gaps you notice in your siding.
- Fix and broken or cracked siding.
- Seal Hole or gaps in your roof/along the foundation of your home where critters could get in.
- Check that your driveway, footpaths and stairs are in good condition. You don’t want to trip and fall once the snow and ice arrives.
- Be sure that railings are secure on stairs around your property.
- Check that your snow shovel is in good condition and/or your snow blower has gas in it.
- Change out your furnace air filters.
- Add/update weatherstripping around frames of windows or doors.
- Clean out your dryer vents.
- Before the first freeze be sure to remove all hoses and cover faucets.
- Blow out your sprinkler system.
- If you have the energy, deep clean your home so it is ready for winter hibernation.
Take care of your home now by utilizing this Fall home maintenance checklist, so that you can enjoy a safe and relaxing Fall and Winter season!!!
Need more home maintenance tips, check out my spring list here!