When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. You may feel nervous and anxious yet hopeful as well.
Many of my buyers have felt just like this and I certainly have myself. I purchased our home in 2018 and it was a good reminder of how my clients feel when you submit that offer and then wait to hear back. That 24-48 hours of waiting can leave your stomach feeling like cement, I remember!!!
Preparing the Offer
There are many steps that go into preparing and presenting an offer. You play the staring role in the offer and there are a few things you will want to think about in terms of your offer. Here are some of the main items we will consider:
- Whose Names Will Be On The Contract
- How You Wish to Take Possession of the Property
- Offer Price
- Earnest Money
- Dates and Deadline
- Items Included
- Items Excluded
- Additional Terms You May Want to Add
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We will call the listing agent to get as much upfront information as possible.
- We’ll recommend a price range that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home. You will make the decision on the offer price in the end.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, we may suggest a condition be included for your protection or a condition that betters your chance of getting the right home. We’ll talk about that.
- We will go over the inclusions, exclusions and other terms that are important to you and the seller.
- We will prepare the contract then send you the contract with a video that walks you through the contract.
- Once you are confident in the contract you will sign the contract and we will send it on to the sellers agent.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It can sometimes take a while to hear back from the sellers of the home and sometimes you will be up against multiple offers. What you don’t want is to be left in the dark during the offer stage. You don’t want to be left thinking your agent hasn’t helped you put your best bet forward and you don’t want to be thinking that your agent isn’t working hard for you.
Choosing me to work with will alleviate the above! I will keep you in the loop through all periods of the offer stage and beyond. I will be in contact with the sellers agent and will work closely with your lender to make sure we are always putting our best foot forward.
LOOKING TO GET UNDER CONTRACT ON THE RIGHT HOME FOR THE RIGHT TIME.